|Nourishing Hair coloring shampoo for Visibly Thinning / Color-Treated Hair. This gentle shampoo cleanses the scalp of DHT and environmental residue that can contribute to hair loss, creating an optimal scalp environment for healthier, thicker-looking hair.||
|This is the best hair coloring shampoo temporary hair glitter sprays on easily and shampoos out. 3 oz. Do not use on recently permed or dyed hair. Extremely flammable||
|Individual best hair Color Shampoo is designed to brighten and enhance your hair color while washing away debris, pollutants, toxins and excess sebum. Brazen Brown is specially designed to define the chocolate tones in brown hair. Individual Color Shampoo is formulated with wild orchid extract, jojoba extract and silk protein to moisturize, nourish and protect. Temporary hair color keeps natural or dyed brown hair looking freshly colored between trips to the hair salon.||
|Best Coloring Shampoo reveals all the colors within the coat, mane and tail to leave your horse with an ultra shine. Quic Color Horse Shampoo intensifies the color of chestnut, sorrel, bay and brown horses||
Archive for the ‘Health’ category
Hair is an important part of the visual presentation of women and men. Not only right cut and style important but the right color can change the total appearance of your outfit. If you are thinking about dying your hair, check out these basic hair color tips from choosing the right hair color to do-it-yourself hair coloring techniques.
Interesting hair coloring tips
1. Before coloring the hair:
- Wash your hair. A good kind of shampoo to use is one that removes the pollutants of your hair. Do not conditioning and do not use a shampoo/conditioner mixtures available in single bottle. Conditioner will interfere with the dye bonding to your hair.
- If your scalp is soft and sensitive or your hair damaged or dry, wait about a day after washing to bleach or use permanent dye.
2. While coloring the hair:
- Follow the mixing instructions exactly as given.
- Use protective gloves and an old towel, especially when you are new to hair coloring.
- To keep the dye off your skin, you could put creamy gel like Vaseline around your hairline and it’s better don’t get it in your hair though, or it will unnecessarily bother your hair coloring process.
3. After coloring:
- To make your coloring to last longer, rinse your hair in lemon based solution immediately after dyeing. This raises the strength of the hair color.
- Another tip is to add two spoons of hair color to your regular conditioner after each shampoo. Leave it on three to five minutes and rinse it with warm water. This replenishes the color that was washed out.
- Bleaching your hair roots is required after shampooing.
Please use above link to purchase the best selected hair dye. We will get the little commission, it helps us to maintain the website and write the good quality articles
Please use above link to purchase the best selected hair dye. We will get the little commission, it helps us to maintain the website and write the good quality articles
Tags:dying hair 5 interesting facts, 2 facts about dying your hair, amazing facts about hairdying, hair coloring fun facts, hair dye interesting facts, interesting facts about hair coloring, interesting facts to hair color,
Health insurance is no longer a luxury for us, Indians, it has become a need. Even with the increasing disposable incomes, we can no longer afford the hospital expenses for ourselves and our loved ones due to the increasing rate of medical inflation. So we can no longer depend on our savings or generosity of our friends and families or even relax with our company’s health insurance, we need an independent health insurance cover for ourselves and for our family.
But even with the need for health insurance realized, we find it confusing to find the right health policy for ourselves with so many health insurance companies in the market. We give you the ‘Ten top health insurance companies in India’ and their popular products.
This information is just to give you an introduction of the health insurance companies and name some of their products. To buy a health insurance policy, read about the basics of health insurance like pre-existing illnesses, waiting period, loading, exclusions, how to renew, whom to buy a policy from and how to compare health insurance policies. Only after understanding it, should you go ahead and buy it.
First let us look at some of the dedicated health insurance companies. The order in which the companies are listed is not an indication of their relative strengths.
Star Health & Allied Insurance Company Limited
Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited (Star Health) is a joint venture between Oman Insurance Company, ETA Ascon Group and a number of insurance veterans in the country. It is also the first dedicated health insurance company in India. Known for its innovation, Star has some very unique products like Diabetes Safe which is for diabetic patients and Star Netplus which is designed for HIV+ patients. Star Health insurance has an in-house TPA which increases its efficiency in dealing with cashless cases. They also have a unique feature where in customers calling a toll free number can get free consultations with a general physician.
Popular Products: Star Family Health Optima, Senior Citizen Red Carpet
Max Bupa Health insurance
Max Bupa Health Insurance is a joint venture between Max India Limited and Bupa Group, one of the international healthcare providers. Formed in 2010, Max Bupa has brought changes in the health insurance market in India with innovative and customer friendly products. They have a policy of not loading the customer or handling out ‘no claim bonuses’ and have a region wise premium. They have no fixed enrollment age which means people of any age group can buy their policies. These policies also have guaranteed renewal which means you won’t be denied renewal in your 70s and 80s when you need it most. Their ‘Heartbeat’ product covers maternity also, albeit after a waiting period.
Popular products: Heart Beat Gold, Silver and Platinum
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Co. Ltd. is the new name for Apollo DKV Insurance Co. Ltd. which is a partnership between The Apollo Hospitals Group, and Germany based Munich Re’s newest business segment, Munich Health. They also bring a change in terms of customer friendly features like lifetime renewal and portability benefits for existing policies which means you can buy Apollo’s policy and get the continuation benefits of your existing policy. Apollo Munich also covers maternity after a waiting period.
Popular Products: Easy Health Gold, Standard, Exclusive and Premium
Reliance Health insurance
Reliance health insurance is one of the private general insurance companies in India. They also have a few good health insurance products, in their ‘Health wise’ policy range; critical illnesses are covered as a part of the policy. There is also a choice of reducing waiting period for pre-existing illnesses to 2 years from the industry standard of 4 years. It covers those between the ages of 5-75.
Popular Policy: Health wise Family Floater
ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. is the largest private sector general insurance company in India. It has some good health insurance plans – like Health Advantage which covers not only hospitalization expenses but also outpatient expenses like dental, up to a limit. Maternity cover is also available under this product. The company has also added Health insurance Guide, an interactive tool to help the customer select a plan to suit his requirements.
Popular Product: Health Advantage
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited and Allianz SE. Health insurance policies offered by them include Health Guard (Mediclaim), Silver health (Senior Citizen) and Star package (Family Floater), there are also other plans like Hospital Cash which gives an amount on every day of hospitalization and Critical Illness which gives a lump sum in the event that the insured contracts one of the critical illnesses listed like cancer during the policy period. Bajaj was the first company to come up with a captive TPA with ensuing efficiencies.
Popular Product: Health Guard
Now for the Public Sector General Insurance Companies,
One of the four public sector units, Oriental insurance offers a number of health insurance products including Individual mediclaim, Universal health insurance scheme and family floaters to the customers. Optional benefits like Personal Accident and Life Hardship Survival can be added with the basic health cover to avail extra benefit. Their Happy Family floater is a popular product because it doesn’t require medical check-up till the age of 60 (it is mandatory for everyone over the age of 45 to take a health check-up in other policies).
Popular policy: Happy Family Floater
United India Insurance
Another of the public sector units, United India Insurance Company Limited also offers a wide range of health insurance products like Family Medicare- Gold, Platinum, Senior Citizen, Top-up and Super Top-up. Top-up and Super Top-up products are products which provide additional cover amount if you find your basic cover insufficient.
To know more about Top Health insurance Companies in India
Compare & Buy Best Health Insurance Policy
Tags:apollo dkv easy health standard reviews, oriental insurance happy family floater gold review, oriental happy family floater reviews, max bupa super top up amount, indian health insurance companies and thier policies, health insurance united v/s oriental v/s star, health insurance in india, compare of products max bupa and apollo munich, compare happy family floater policy and star health optima, bajaj health insurance and five star package what is the difference,
After witnessing the financial hardships your neighbors went through on their son’s hospitalization, you have decided to opt for Buying Health Insurance. But on seeing the wide variety of Health Insurance policies that are available in the market, you find yourself confused, worried and desperate for some sort of help!
In your search for an affordable health Insurance, there is a very high possibility that you end up focusing on the premium cost alone and ignore the other requisites such as exclusions (diseases not covered), policy sub limits and so on. Most times, even Health Insurance agents desist from giving out full information in regards with a Health Insurance policy, the best option in times like this is to opt for a knowledgeable Health Insurance Broker!
But in case, you aren’t willing to opt for a Health Insurance Broker, here is a list of things that you must keep an eye out for when you are looking to buy Health Insurance in India,
Payment options are the first thing that you should look out for, other than the Premiums, when you want to buy a mediclaim policy. You must check whether the Health Insurance Company prefers the ‘Cashless’ method of payment or prefers to reimburse your dues after the claim has been filed for.
Though most Health Insurance companies now-a-days offer the Cashless facility as a payment option, it is best if you inquire beforehand as the cashless mode of payment offers you a hassle-free route of claiming your due.
What to look out for: Health Insurance Companies that favor the Cashless mode of payment.
Network Hospitals is a group of hospitals that have tied up with a Health Insurance Company or a TPA (Third Party Administrator). The main benefit offered by the Network hospitals is that they offer top quality service 24/7 which comes in handy in case of emergencies. Another benefit provided by the Network Hospitals is that they offer the cashless facility that lets you get admitted for free and thus reduces the financial burden on you during the hospitalization.
What to look out for: Opt for a health Insurance Company that has a higher number of Network Hospitals which again include a high number of reputed hospitals.
List of Exclusions:
Another important thing that you must pay attention to when buying Health Insurance in India is the List of Exclusions. This list contains the medical conditions that won’t be covered by the Health Insurance Company in their mediclaim policy. As of now the fixed exclusions are Dental Cosmetic Surgery and alternative therapies such as acupressure, acupuncture, yoga, massage, aromatherapy, reflexology and naturopathy.
What to look out for: A health Insurance Company that offers less exclusion.
Many Health Insurance Companies have a ‘Waiting Period’ when it comes to Pre existing Illnesses – Illnesses that the Insured had prior to buying the mediclaim policy. The Waiting Period is mainly between 1-4 years, varying from company to company. One must remember to choose the Health Insurance Company judiciously, as in case of a change to another Health Insurance Company, the waiting period will be lost i.e. if an insurer has completed 2 years of his 4 year waiting period and moves onto another company, the 2 years won’t be taken into account and he will be faced with an entirely new waiting period!
Another waiting period would be the ‘initial waiting period’, which requires the insured to wait for a certain period of time from the commencement of his policy until the first 30 days.
What to look out for: Health Insurance Companies that offer a lesser waiting period. (in terms of years when it comes to pre-existing illnesses) To know more about Checklist for Buying Health Insurance
In this article you can find out how to improve children’s height using moderate diet. Every parent all wants their children to be tall and healthy. The height of children depends on not only hereditary genes but also a moderate diet. Here you can find some tips to increase height of your child.
In pregnant period, you should eat enough essential vitamins and minerals from a various kinds of food. Also, you must have a moderate intake in attempt to increase 10-12 kilograms in 9 months of pregnancy.
One of the most significant suggestions is a sensible nutrient. It must contain enough energy for t hem as well as be suitable for different ages. You should be careful because if it excesses the demand of them, this leads to obesity. Also, it is not too little or your children will catch malnutrition. The children’s meals always have 4 factors: protein, starch, fat and vegetables. Moreover, protein should account for 10-15% of total energy. In general, starch take part of 60-65% and fat is responsible of 10%. You should feed them with a variety of foods meanwhile you shouldn’t let them eat too much of one kind of food. There must be a balance in diet.
When your children are 1 year old, on average, boys are 76 centimeters tall and girls are 75 centimeters. Until they reach the age of two, their height is about 86 centimeters. It is estimated that the height of adults is twice more than that of them when they were 2 years old. And the last suitable time to improve height is puberty in girls from 10 to 16 and boys from 12 to 18. In this period, their height rise between 8 and 10 centimeters annually.
Vitamins and minerals also play an important role in developing the height of children. For example, you can find much calcium in milk, craft, soybean and vegetables. Beside this, milk contains a large amount of calcium being easier to absorb thanks to the moderate combination of vitamin D and phosphors in milk. In order to make calcium easier to absorb, you should spend 20 minute sunbath with your children every day. In addition, milk supplies them with many vitamins, minerals and protein source having high biological values and substantial acid amines.
You should pay attention to vitamin A, too. It prevents the dry of eyes as well as improves their resistance to infection and take part in height development. Some foods that have a plenty of vitamin A are milk, egg, fish and meat.
Likewise, Iron and Zinc plays an important role in developing height. Iron is abundant in animal dishes such as blood, meat, and fish or in bean plants. Whereas, Zinc could be found in oysters, pig liver, cow meat, milk, soybean milk and yolk.
Beside a sensible nutrient, you should encourage them to practice sports usually and be active. Also, they must have enough and deep sleep so that growing hormones is released much which stimulates their bones longer.
With a moderate diet and exercising like some suggestions above, the height of children could increase considerably in spite of hereditary factors.
Tags:how to increase height in children, how to increase kids height, kids height growth tips, height increase tips for kids, how to increase height in kids, tips to increase height of kids, tips for increasing height for kids, food to increase height in children, height increasing tips for kids, how to increase height of children,
The differences between black tea vs green tea may seem numerous – and indeed they are! However, there are countless similarities between the two as well.
Let’s learn a bit about what these similarities and differences are and just how they can help start you on the path to a healthier, more energetic lifestyle.
- Both black tea and green tea come from the leaves of the same plant, Camellia sinensis. However, it is the way the leaves are processed that determines the outcome of the final product.
- Green tea is very high in antioxidants and out of the two, it’s processed the least. Unlike its darker, more full-flavored cousin, it isn’t allowed to ferment or oxidize at all. This part of the process ensures the final product still retains most of its beneficial antioxidants and polyphenols.
- The phytochemicals present in tea leaves are highly sensitive to the oxidation process. During oxidation, the leaves are exposed to air which allows “fermentation” or oxidation to take place. This increases caffeine levels as well tannins, whilst lessening some of its other phytochemical components such as catechins – the antioxidant powerhouses responsible for green tea fame
- Fret not, even though black tea is fully fermented, all of its free-radical scavenging antioxidants are not lost. It still has a variety of health benefits associated with its consumption as well and studies have shown the theaflavins found in a fermented leaf may be just as powerful an antioxidant as those inherent in unfermented leaves.
- The catechins found in fermented leaves are simply converted into theaflavins during the oxidation process. This means that black tea, although offering different beneficial properties than green tea, still delivers a wealth of healthful properties.
- Aside from processing, these two possess two different flavor profiles and brewing methods. Due to its minimal handling, green tea has more of well, green flavor. It has been described as having a flavor profile ranging from a grassy and herbaceous taste to light and slightly sweet. Indeed, green tea came from different countries, hence, Japan, China, Sri Lanka, India, and Vietnamese.
- Be aware that green tea from different parts of Asia varies as far as the quality, taste, and benefits are concerned. It is because of the soil, climate, and processing that makes the huge difference.
- The flavor of a fully fermented black tea is cherished the world over. In fact, outside of Asia, this beverage is enjoyed second only to the consumption of water!
- It is full-bodied, yet also described as sweet or even nutty. Its robust taste, rich, dark color and moderate caffeine content make it the perfect choice for coffee drinkers seeking a healthier alternative to their morning cup of coffee. As an added bonus, the caffeine found in the fully fermented leaves not only gives your body a much needed midday energy boost, but you won’t endure that jittery coffee feeling afterward.
So now you see, whether you’re in the green corner or the black corner, there is no loser in the Black Tea vs. Green Tea battle!
Tags:difference between green tea and normal tea, green tea and black tea difference,
People have been drinking green tea for thousands of years, Part of what makes green tea so beneficial for you is its high concentration of polyphenols, a powerful antioxidant. These polyphenols, found in Organic green tea extract, help maintain your metabolism while you lose weight. The antioxidants in specially extracted green tea not only have a beneficial effect on weight loss, they help neutralize free radicals, which damage cells, and help prevent coronary artery disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, liver disease and cancer. Below are a few steps to help you make perfect cup of green tea.
Step 1: Temperature. Green tea requires “Goldilocks” temperature water: neither too hot nor too cold. If the temperature is too hot, then the tea can become bitter. If too cold, it reduces the polyphenols (as well as taste and flavor) released into the brew, So some time green tea smells bad. The water for brewing green tea should be between 165-170 degrees, so under boiling temperature. Temperatures any higher and the polyphenols will start to dissipate. If you don’t have a thermometer, you can tell the water’s temperature by looking at the bubbles. When the water is near 160-170 degrees, small bubbles will float to the top. A good rule of thumb is that the bigger the bubbles, the higher temperature of the water.
Step 2: Water. Use cold, fresh water when brewing green tea. Cold, fresh water has more oxygen than boiled water, which helps to provide a better, cleaner taste. For loose leaf teas, add one teaspoon of tea per 6 oz of water. If you are using an infuser teapot for multiple cups, you can throw in an extra teaspoon for a little extra flavor.
Step 3: Time. Proper brewing time for green tea is between 2-4 minutes. (Black teas can be brewed a little longer for optimal taste – up to 5 minutes or longer.) Your more expensive, higher-end green teas should be brewed on the lower end of the range, whereas lower quality teas you may want to brew longer for better taste.
* Follow aerobic exercise 4 to 5 days a week. Aerobic activities, such as brisk walking, running, swimming and bike riding, burn calories and increase metabolism while you are working out. Several studies show that aerobic activities cause your metabolism to stay at an elevated level for a period of time after you have finished exercising.
* Work in strength-training exercise 2 to 3 days a week. Lifting weights and other strengthening activities, such as doing push-ups or crunches, on a regular basis will actually increase your resting metabolism all day. That is because these activities build muscle. And once more, muscle burns more calories than body fat. As a matter of fact, if you have more muscle, you burn more calories – even if you are sitting still.
* When it comes to supplements, I do not recommend them. The ingredients that are effective tend to increase metabolism only slightly and they can be risky. High doses of stimulants can make you jittery, and boost heart rate and blood pressure.
* The bottom line: The safest and most effective way to increase your metabolism is to eat an appropriate amount of food every 4 to 5 hours, incorporate a portion of lean protein into each meal, and exercise regularly.
Tags:Exercise Lose Weight,
Nothing is more important than keeping the heart healthy. Exercising, not smoking and of course control the food is some of the things recommended by health experts. If you want to looks your self slim and fit then you should know below facts and fallow up. Some of the interesting facts about Slim body secrets you should know.
- A diet is always temporary.
- Keep cut raw vegetables in your refrigerator.
- Skip the elevator.
- Walk to walk.
- Always eat sitting down.
- Add a big salad to your dinner.
- Use smaller plates for meals.
- Lite onions.
- Ice, not cream.
- Try our tuna.
- Potato topper.
- Use oils with lots of flavor.
- Or skip the oil entirely!
- Don’t snack by the light of the TV.
- Mustard on your sandwich.
- Fat-free “fries”.
- Watch the packing liquid.
- Brown bag your lite lunch.
- Skim that soup.
- “Cream” lite soup.
- Don’t food-shop when hungry.
- Sprinkle the cheese.
- Fiber fills.
- Eating out?
- Buy low fat dairy products to keep you slim.
Instead, plan to change your eating habits permanently by making sensible changes that you can live with. Remember, it took years to add those extra pounds; they won’t come off overnight.
They’re low in calories and great for snacking. Eat a few pieces a half-hour before you sit down to lunch or dinner to cut your appetite.
Prefer climbing the stairs instead of using elevator because climbing stairs burns calories. If you’re going up four stories or less, walk.
Walk all the way if you work a mile or less from home. If you live farther from work and take public transportation, get off two stops early and walk the rest of the way. If you drive to work, park half-mile from the job and walk.
(Whoever told you it doesn’t count when you eat standing up was wrong). Create a calm, unhurried atmosphere for your meals, and put your fork down between bites.
This is particularly important if you plan to eat a semi frozen entree for your evening meal. Without the salad, you’ll feel hungry later.
Your portion will look bigger. Satisfy your eye, it’s easier to satisfy your stomach.
Instead of using oil, saute onions in a non-stick pan with a little white wine. You’ll save 120 calories for each tablespoon of oil you eliminate from a recipe.
If you must have dessert, try a sorbet. These elegant fruit ices are about 100 calories per half-cup serving. Rich ice-cream can be 150 calories or more per serving.
Don’t miss your water-packed tuna with regular mayonnaise. Instead combine 1-tablespoon lite mayo with tablespoon di-jon mustard and 1 teaspoon of sweet relish. Used instead of 2 tablespoons of regular mayo, this dressing saves 126 calories.
Mix 2 cup low fat yogurt with 3 tablespoons dijon mustard and a tablespoon chopped fresh dill. At 11 calories per tablespoon, this makes a great lite topping for baked potatoes.(And a large baked potato is only 145 calories- without the butter or sour cream).
If you use oil on your salad, try Sesame, Olive, Walnut or another full-flavored oil. A small amount will go a long way.
Try using a flavored vinegar (tarragon, garlic or raspberry, for example) diluted with water to half-strength. It makes a great dressing for greens and is almost calorie-free.
For some unknown reason, whole bags of snacks can disappear this way.
Use it instead of mayo for turkey or learn roast beef. Try dijon, spicy, yellow, sweet and grainy varieties. They all have 15 to 45 calories per tablespoon. Mayo has 100.
Place thin slices of raw potatoes under the broiler to make “French fries” without oil. Turn once during cooking to brown both sides. Add garlic powder or chilli powder for extra flavor. If you wan to loose weight and keep you slim fit always remember this point
Buy fruits canned in juice or water instead of heavy syrup and don’t buy artichoke heart or mushrooms marinated in oil. Look for water -packed vegetables and pickle them yourself-with vinegar, water and spices.
Use the money you save to reward your-self with a new item of clothing.(Buy it one size smaller as an incentive).
If you use chicken or beef stock (either homemade or canned) in a recipe, refrigerate– it first. Then skim off the fat that solidifies on the surface.
Make an ordinary hot soup creamy by adding low fat yogurt. Mix into the soup pot just before serving. Adds about 133 calories to your recipe
Shop for food after a meal so you won’t be as tempted by goodies in the super-market.
Because they are high in fat and calories, use hard cheese sparingly. If you love the taste of cheese, sprinkle a small amount of sharp cheese on a low-calorie food. For example, a teaspoon of grated Parmesan or Romano cheese on cooked asparagus adds a lots of flavor, but only about 8 calories.
Eat breads and cereals made from whole grains. Not only are they better for you than white bread and processed cereals, you won’t feel hungry as quickly.
Watch out for sauces and gravies that can add calories to meat, fish, poultry and dishes. Ask to have your entree served without sauce (or with sauce on the side). Always order your salad with dressing on the side.
When buying milk, cottage cheese and yogurt, look for products with 2% (or less) butterfat.
The popularity of green tea has risen over the recent years, as people are increasingly looking at alternative forms of treatment and therapy such as ayurveda and acupuncture. Drinking green tea cuts the risk of different types of cancer, lowers blood pressure and is an effective cure for obesity. A regular intake of green tea keeps your skin glowing and your calories in check.
One of the least processed and nutritionally-rich teas Archeological evidence shows that people consumed tea leaves steeped in boiling water as many as 5,000 years ago. Botanical evidence indicates that India and China were among the first countries to cultivate tea. Today, tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world, second only to water. There are different varieties of green tea available now days.
What exactly is green tea?
Green tea is an acquired taste- you can try adding some mint or make a tasty concoction of your choice. Make sure to brew the tea for no longer than two minutes or you will end up with a bitter drink. Also avoid adding too much sugar or honey and keep it as simple as possible.
Green Tea – ‘a wonder drink’
Authoritative scientists and physiologists believes, a person can feel much better, improve his/her immunity to various diseases and even prolong his or her lifetime if one decides to eat and drink properly and consume particular alimentary products. Also many nutritionists
Health Benefits of Green Tea
Extensive medical research on the benefits of Green Tea is showing positive results. Studies indicate:
- Green Tea can help to protect against a range of cancers. According to the U.S. National Cancer Institute, polyphenols containing catechins present in green tea may play an important role in the prevention of cancer. Emerging studies also suggest that polyphenols inactivate oxidants, reduce the number and size of tumors, and inhibit the growth of cancer cells. (New Scientist, 20 March 2004). Studies in particular have been conducted on cancers of the bladder, breast, ovaries, esophagus, lungs, pancreas, prostate, skin, and stomach.
- Green Tea can help to prevent Atherosclerosis.Antioxidants in green tea are believed to prevent fatty buildup in the arteries by suppressing the oxidation of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. They may also reduce the likelihood of blood clot formation and help in relaxing blood vessels thereby improving blood flow.
- Green Tea can help to maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Research indicates that green tea lowers total cholesterol and raises HDL (“good”) cholesterol in both animals and people. Polyphenols in green tea help block the intestinal absorption of cholesterol and promote its excretion from the body.
- Green Tea can help to control Diabetes. Green tea has been used traditionally to control blood sugar in the body. Studies indicate Green tea may help regulate glucose in the body.
- Green Tea can help to protect against Liver disease. Green tea seems to protect the liver from the damaging effects of toxic substances such as alcohol.
- Weight loss. Studies suggest that green tea extract may boost metabolism and help burn fat. Some researchers speculate polyphenols, specifically catechins, are responsible for the herb’s fat-burning effect.
- Relaxation. Due to the presence of the amino acid, L-theanine, drinking a hot cup of green tea helps produce a relaxed feeling, increasing alertness of mind.
- Green tea can help to boost the immune system. The Brigham and Women’s Hospital research suggests that theanine present in green tea boosts the disease fighting capacity of Gamma Delta T cells and helps the body to fight infections.
- Green tea helps to make the digestive and respiratory system strong because it is rich in bioflavonoids.
- Green tea is anti-bacterial and helps prevent dental cavities.
Two to three cups of green tea per day (for a total of 240 to 320 mg polyphenols) is recommended. It is best to get green tea concentrate from its natural form, green tea itself. But if you don’t like the flavor, or don’t have the time, and would like to make sure your body is benefiting from green tea antioxidants you may want to try Green Tea Extracts or Green Tea Drops. Green Tea Plus is a heavily concentrated form of green tea. It has an antioxidant value of 7800 units. Green Tea Plus has added trace minerals to aid in regular body functions. It can be added to any beverage, even water.