Product details nothing but a stock item. It can be opened by clicking on Product details dialog from tool bar.
What is a Product/Stock Item?
A stock item needs no explanation. However, what needs to be explained is how InventoryPlus 0.2 uses it. InventoryPlus 0.2 uses the phrase to include what traditional accountants would call a stock ledger account. All the stock items together would make up the stock ledger. However, InventoryPlus 0.2 does not use the term stock ledger. So to display a stock ledger, display the Products. You can draw a parallel to ledgers in accounting for stock items in inventory.
How to Creating a Products/Stock Item
This section deals with creation of basic stock
Give the name of the stock item. Here we wish to create an item Sony Disks 3.5".
Give the alternate name for Products. Here we wish to call Sony Disks 3.5 as sd 3.5". This field can be searched while selling
Mange item with unique code, this help to search item quickly, Ex. 001, 002 etc. This field can be searched
Barcode: Item barcode should be updated in this field, Barcode entered in this field will be used for barcode scanning. If there is no barcode available then click on button next to field to generate the random barcode number first time, Generate barcode button will be hidden if barcode already entered.
Type of packing of Products, This field will be used in sale bill. Ex. 250gm, 180ML, 500ML Etc,. If you have the item with multiple packing then it is better to have name ends with packing, Ex. Sugar 250gms, Sugar 500Gms etc in Name field.
Specify the group to which it belongs. The different groups that we had created were Sony, Dell and HP. These as well as Primary would appear in the list. Select 'Sony' from the list.
Unit of measure
Give the unit of measurement of the item here. You would normally use this unit for trading in this item.
Unique Identification number of product.
Enter the Selling Rate used in Sales Bill, Enter the Rate of Tax used to calculate while billing. select the Tax used to post tax amount to selected ledger in billing time. Multiple selling rate and tax can be configured using Settings -> Company details tab's Manage sales selling rate and tax section. Tax Included option will be used if sales rate included tax amount and it will be considered as before tax.
Re-Order : It will help to take the decision to order/purchase the items are in below required quantity. Set low-level warnings so system will intimate while billing. Field will be used to generate the report for all items falls below the re-order level. Go to Summary Reports and select the Show only reorder quantity option to extract all items falls below reorder level.
Purchase unit : This value will be re-populated the quantity column while entering the purchase entry for this item.
Sales unit : This value will be re-populated the quantity column while entering the sales entry for this item.
Stock Value: Opening Stock value in amount. This will be used in year end report like P&L report.
Stock OB in Qty :
Give the Opening stock quantity of the item here. Depending of the selected group option enabled for entering the opening balance of the quantity of item. In selected Group maintains Stock handled by to 'None' then Quantity is Disabled. If selected group field stock handled by 'Batchwise' this field is disable. details entry screen will be opened for enter the stock item wise details. This field is enabled only when you want to handle the stock maintained by quantity in group.
Opening quantity of batch wise stock will be updated in below screen, Tab Opening Qty will be visible/activated if selected group stock managing mode set to Batch wise stock.
Enable -ve stock quantity : Selecting this field will disable the stock validation in sales bill
Stock In Hand : This field represents the available stock. Field is automatically calculate on transaction.
- Double click on right side "Existing Products" to edit the item.
- Delete button activate only in edit mode.
- Save button will be enabled only after entering all required field (i.e,. Landing Cost, Selling Rate, Item Name etc)
- Item associated in sales or purchase cannot deleted, system will display the proper message if tried to delete the item associated to purchase/sales invoice. Delete the associated invoice first and delete the item.
- VAT is Value added tax. Sales bill will be calculated based on percentage enter for this item
- VAT Ledger should be added in Accounting dialog box so same will be populated in Vat Ledger list. In Account screen under group 'Taxes' should be selected while creating the Tax ledgers
- Rack No is helpful to identify the location of item kept. In counter sale, it is helpful to quickly identify the location of item if you maintain the rack number.
- Before entering the Products details make sure to add relevant stock group and Unit of measures and Tax/Vat ledger.
- how to enable barcode scanning refer Enable Barcode Scanning
- Sales price scheme and multiple tax rate can be configured by visiting Settings -> Company details -> Generate setting -> "Manage sales price scheme" section. Refer here for more details.
- Tax scheme and multiple tax rate can be configured by visiting Settings -> Company details -> Generate setting ->Taxation section. Refer here for more details.
- Get the closing stock of Product Goto stock book report. This screen opening balance field used for only feeding opening balance of the Product as on start of financial year.
If you are managing the batch wise stock and if you observed stock is not managed properly then you might have changed MRP/Selling rate of batch entered in Purchase screen after selling the same batch in sales screen. System will track the stock based on selling rate/MRP so closing store will be not calculated properly.
- Don't change the Selling Rate/MRP of batch no once after initiating the sales on the same batch no
- Opening stock field should be updated only one time when created the new company or when new financial year created. Arrival of new stock should be entered through purchase or stock ledger transaction only. It will
- If Batch wise tracking enabled then some of the following point should be followed.
- Once after sold the particular batch no then same Batch no should not be be update/renamed in purchase screen (This will yield to wrong stock calculation.)
- Batch number should be unique for each item. if same batch number found in different purchase then required to update the purchase date as batch date