Why are people overweight? Before anyone starts a diet, it is important to note that each person has a different body build. Some people are short and stout while others are tall and thin. Some have big hips and shoulders, and others are short and very muscular. Genetics can determine body shape and a person’s natural build just as it does eye color, hair color, skin color, and so on.
The good news is that genetics do not determine whether or not one will be fat, but will determine one’s body shape. The goal, really, is to be at a comfortable weight for one’s body shape and to feel good about it.
Here are most common reasons for overweight:
- Slow metabolism: People who are overweight have a hard time burning off food. As a result, the fat is stored.
- Emotional eating: Those who struggle with weight often eat when stressed or when other emotional upheavals are happening in their life.
- Hormonal imbalances one of the reason for overweight
- Eating portions that are too large.
- Eating lots of “diet food” (that is low fat,low carb, and “sugar free” foods).
- Build up of toxins in the body.
- Eating late: Late-night eating can cause food to convert to fat more easily.
- High susceptibility to growth hormones: These hormones are given to animals to help them grow faster and larger, so meat and dairy have residual growth hormones. In humans, these hormones can result in increased fat storage.
- Not eating breakfast.
- Numerous diets: Going from diet to diet has a negative impact on the metabolism and causes weight loss to be much more difficult.
- Easy Weight Loss Tips for healthy lifestyle
- Balanced Weight Loss Diets programs
- Facts about weight loss Surgery
- Herbs used for Obesity
- Weight Loss Tips from Ayurveda
- Green tea weight loss diet
- Weight Loss Tips to Cut 100 or More Calories each day
- Yoga and Weight Loss