Ayurveda the ancient Indian science of health and healing, the Kapha Dosha is primarily responsible for fat and adipose tissue in the body and therefore reducing Kapaha is the key to a successful weight loss program. Below you will find some effective weight loss tips from ayurveda to help reduce Kapha Dosha and thus battle obesity and being overweight. The Ayurvedic approach to obesity treatment is based on taking a realistic look at your body type and what it can be, and then nourishing it back to natural health. Obesity is mostly found in the people with predominantly kapha-type constitution. However, it can be found in people with the other two types of constitution also. For obesity treatments, Ayurvedic physicians generally prescribe a light diet, fasting, spicy herbs to stimulate digestion, mild laxatives, and tonic herbs.
Weight Loss Tips from Ayurveda:
Ayurvedic Diet for Weight Loss: Below guidelines should be followed for proper diet to get the good results. Based on your body nature you can choose the below diet for Kapha, Pitta or Vata type Constitution.
Ayurvedic Weight Loss Tips for Kapha, Pitta and Vata:
- Bitter, pungent, and astringent tastes are recommended. Ginger and spring-churna are especially recommended.
- Mix the juice of 5 large slices of fresh pineapple with the juice of 2 slices of hot peppers, pimentos, or paprika. Mix 1 part each turmeric, triphala, and trikatu with 2 parts honey; take 1/8 teaspoon once a day with 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Warm, spicy aromas help stimulate kapha to burn fat. Recommended essential oils are eucalyptus, pine, musk, and sage.
- The color red is recommended to stimulate sluggish kapha.
- Get a daily dry massage (garshana) using a silk glove. It is very stimulating. Make an herbal paste of 1 part millet and 1/2 part each dashmoola and bala (Sida cordifolia) mixed with a little spring water. Rub this vigorously onto your skin wherever you have fatty deposits, then rinse.
Ayurvedic Weight Loss Tips for Vata type constitution:
- Choose bitter, pungent, and astringent tastes, such as those found in the spring churna. Add sweet taste in the form of rice and dates. Add a little oil to your foods.
- Essential oils with sweet, warm aromas help calm vata and your nervous system, so choose jasmine, clove, rose, cinnamon, and orange scents for your aromatherapy.
- The color yellow-green is recommended.
- Get daily full-body oil massage (abhyanga). Combine 3 drops of rose essential oil with 2 teaspoons sesame or almond oil. Apply this to your wrist and to the back of the head where the skull meets the neck bones.
Exercise for Weight Loss: The following Ayurvedic guidelines should be followed for proper exercise with regard to weight loss:
Yoga for Weight Loss
- More Exercise the Better: Kapha\’s qualities of fixed, dull, heavy, soft and cold are all negated via exercise. In other words, the more exercise you do the more you reduce Kapha and therefore fat in your body.
- Exercise without Excessive Strain: According to Ayurveda, Kapha individuals need the most vigorous exercise, but at the same time, the exercise should never be extreme. Find a good balance between doing too little and over doing it. Breaking a nice sweat is good, but being totally breathless is probably too much.
- Be Consistent: A Kapha body type has a propensity towards weight gain so you need to make exercise a daily part of your life. The hardest part will be to get the exercise program underway. Once this is done Kapha people tend to be very determined and steady, so they will be able to adhere to it long term.
Yoga for Weight Loss: Yoga offers an excellent way to include holistic exercises into your fitness program. These exercises will not just help you lose weight, but will also help your overall health and well-being.
Sleep Guidelines for Weight Loss: No napping or going to bed early. If you want to reduce Kapha and weight remember you burn more calories when you are awake and being active, than when you are happily snuggled under the blanket.
The above recommendations will surely help you with your weight loss goals and in addition to helping you get slim, they will also make you healthier and fit.
- Balanced Weight Loss Diets programs
- Easy Weight Loss Tips for healthy lifestyle
- Facts about weight loss Surgery
- Weight Loss Tips to Cut 100 or More Calories each day
- Green tea weight loss diet
- Herbs used for Obesity
- Reasons behind Overweight
- Yoga and Weight Loss