Taking little additional care will helps you to increase laptop battery life and capacity. As we know price laptops price drops drastically and it becomes common computers these days. Laptop use Lithium Ion batteries in them, Taking some additional steps you can increase your laptop life span to 3 – 5 years based on the make and the battery life cycles. This article i have listed the best tips to increase your laptop battery life that may help you achieve optimum performance from your battery.
- Completely dis-charging your will put a lot of strain on Lithium Ion batteries. these are not the old NiCD rechargeable batteries that require a complete discharge before you recharge them. So Do no completely dis-charge your battery every time before you re-charge.
- Charge your laptop once battery level is between 50 – 70% do remember that short charges are better on Lithium Ion batteries health. Re-Charge the laptop frequently.
- Every week once disconnect from your AC power and put laptop on battery and discharge up to 50% and recharge it. It will will ensure that the electrons in the battery keep on moving so you will get the good battery life.
- Do not put laptop continuous on AC power all the time, Once in a while try to discharge your battery as explained point 3 and recharge.
Above tips helps you to get the best Lithium Ion batteries life. Above tips is not specific to laptop battery you can use it for any Lithium battery equipments.
Find below tips to fine tune your windows OS to get long batter life
- Dim your screen: Reduce the screen brightness to the lowest comfortable level in order to gain some extra battery life.
- Use WiFi only when required: Wireless activities drain our device’s battery. They consume significant power even when not in use but left on.
- Add more RAM: Whenever system runs out of RAM memory it uses virtual memory resulting in hard disk use. It consume more memory. Add more RAM if your system running out of RAM.
- Disable background application: Shut down background programs to reduce CPU usage.
- Hibernate is better then standby: In the Stand By mode, the computer turns of the hard drive and the display but memory remains active while the CPU slows down. This draws on the battery. In contrast, hibernation mode is better because the computer saves the current state and shuts itself down completely thus saving power.
You can read Reasons behinds Laptops Heat Up article to know more about other reasons why laptops heat up
- Reasons behinds Laptops Heat Up
- Buying Used Computers vs Refurbished computer
- Hidden facts of your mobile phone
- SEO Tips – Part2
- Salary Negotiations Tips for job seeker
- Tips to Increase Children Height
- LCD screen scratch fix tips
- Speeding Your Computer Is Easy!
- Tips to select hair styles
- SEO Tips And Techniques – Part1