Economy is booming! So job seeker will get many offers. It is right time to discuss how to negotiate the salary. Now I have come up with 5 tips for job seeker how to negotiate the compensation. Everyone gets excited by a job offer. It’s the culmination of an industrious job search.
A job offer is a vote of confidence in your ability to do a good job. And it says a lot about your skill in developing a rapport and chemistry with your next boss.
How you close the deal by successfully negotiating a compensation package can make or break the job offer on the table. Do it right and you lock up your new job and position yourself for the future. Same way if you do it wrong and you can lose the offer. Here are 5 tips you can consider before and while negotiating the compensation.
- Research your pay level. Find out how it stacks up to similar jobs in other similar organizations.
- Don’t accept offer upon on future promises. If part of your deal is some future compensation, promotion or benefit, get it in writing!
- Remember you are in the strongest bargaining position before you accept the job. That’s when your negotiating must be done.
- If possible get hold of the organization’s info packet. Often compensation, benefits packages and other expectations are spelled out there.
- Get your new boss or the HR representative to spell out the organization’s expectations of their employees in general and of this job in particular.
Money is the most sensitive issue in the whole hiring process. Most managers expect you to negotiate. Don’t passively accept whatever is put on the table. Be prepared to discuss your concerns about the offer, e.g. level of compensation, benefits package, future growth, reporting relationships, etc.
If you have a tip you’d like to share from the employer’s point of view about salary negotiation, please write the comment.
- Resignation Letter Sample and Tips
- SEO Tips – Part2
- Tips to Increase Laptop Battery Life
- Spend less in San Diego, Travel guide
- Free Microsoft Office Alternatives
- Herbs and Spices in Indian cooking
- SEO Tips And Techniques – Part1
- Looking for business Credit Cards – Offers and benefits
- Tips to Increase Children Height
- LCD screen scratch fix tips